Chief ExecutiveType: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Larkhall (with some flexible working)
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 6th October 2019
If the Machan Trust’s vision “To make a positive difference to the life chances of children and young people in the Larkhall area by providing them with activities, experiences and opportunities; and by so doing building a stronger community” resonates with you then this could be your opportunity to take the Trust’s journey to a new exciting destination.
Over the 21 years that the charity has been delivering services it has grown these services to fill the identified gaps in the services available in the community; therefore there is now an increasing emphasis on early intervention working with children aged 5-9 years old and directly with their families and carers.
One of its more recent services is its Breakfast Clubs located in 4 primary schools in Larkhall with the aim of combating holiday food poverty. However, they have also realised, which has been borne out by recent research, that is not just food poverty that is the issue but the social isolation of children living in families where there is no budget for out of school activities much less a family holiday. With this in mind the Breakfast Clubs run a full range of activities as well as providing a breakfast and hot lunch. Running from 10am until 3:30pm the Clubs have catered for 90 children throughout the summer and have been one of the most successful solutions to holiday food poverty in South Lanarkshire.
The Trust is now looking for a full time, experienced senior leader to work directly with the Chair and other Trustees to grow its services and, as a highly respected local organisation, further enhance its reputation and make the Trust’s work known further afield.
You will therefore have a solid grounding in the following skills and aptitudes:
• Understanding of key issues facing disadvantaged children and young people
• Self-motivated individual who can work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Ability to lead organisation, and build and develop team • Ability to develop and leverage 3rd party relationships
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong understanding of financing a 3rd sector organisation both in terms of fundraising and setting, managing and reporting on budgets
• Values and behaviours which fit with the organisation
In return the Machan Trust provide a range of benefits including: • Flexible working which can include some home-working and compressed working hours
• On street parking
• Office located 10 minute walk from the railway station
• 7.5% Pension arrangement
• 36 days annual leave including public holidays (will increase according to length of service)
How To Apply
If this sounds like a perfect role for you then please contact [email protected] as soon as possible for further information prior to making your application.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 6th October 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 16th October 2019
This search is being conducted exclusively on behalf of the Machan Trust by BTA. Our leadership team have all worked in the voluntary sector and we use this experience to match organisations and individuals to create great appointments.